Helpful UR websites
There’s a ton of information about conducting research as undergraduate students at the University of Rochester.
This is your one-stop shop to find it all!
- UR’s Office of Undergraduate Research has plenty of resources for students, including:
- Research Opportunities by Department
- Get Funding for Research: at UR; outside of UR
- Research and Innovation Grants (awarded ONLY at the time of enrollment at UR)
- Vault (through Handshake)
- What Can I Do With This Major – learn the lingo and possible job titles for your major
- JobLink for Students
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates (NSF REU)
- Pathways to Science has information for undergrads on funding and research opportunities including the Pathways to Engineering program
Conduct literature research like a pro – meet with your subject librarian
Resume and Cover Letter Resources from the Greene Center
Hone your networking and public speaking skills by meeting with a Speaking Fellow (scroll to bottom of page) or by using RocSpeak, software developed by UR faculty to analyze speech and body language.
Peer Advisors help students declare majors and make connections with faculty, review research opportunities, and explore study abroad and options for independent and interdisciplinary study.
Handshake – network with your peers and find out about events at the Greene Center
Touch base with UR Alumni, staff, and students through the Meliora Collective